Monday, January 19, 2009

Being a Part of History


Tomorrow, January 20th, 2009, President-elect Barack Obama will be sworn into office as the 44th president of the United States of America and the first African-American president.  I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a part of history, by be able to attend a reception held at a law firm in along the Parade route.  I am extremely excited to be a part of history and I know that there are many people who are extremely jealous of my opportunity.  I am going to be a part of history.  That absolutely astounds me!!  Everyone that I have talked to has told me to take lots of pictures but I recently read about all the security restrictions and I am shocked by it all.  The restrictions include no bag larger than 8"x6", only certain size camera's are allowed, and the list goes on and on.  I am thinking that the history in the making will not only include swearing in the first African-American president, but probably the most people attending the inauguration, and possibly the most security restrictions too.  I will write more about history later, after it happens.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

That is awesome that you were "able to attend a reception held at a law firm in along the Parade route." I for one can agree that I am one of those people you mentioned, extreemely jealous of your opportunity. You should definitely make a post that explains how the event was because I am very curious and bring in some pictures to show the class. That's AWESOME!