Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Junior Theme


Yesterday we got our junior theme assignment and it instantly overwhelmed me. I had no ideas as to what I was going to write about and I was completely speechless at the thought of writing this paper. After talking to a few people I came up with some ideas but I thought it'd be a good idea to post these ideas on the blog and see if you guys have any ideas. My first thought was something about eating disorders, perfection, and birth control, and mental illness. I really like the idea of doing something about eating disorders. Like, Why is American Society fixated with being skinny? Anyone have any thoughts?? Any help is appreciated!

2 comments:

Jillian F said...

I think that these are all good ideas and you should pick the topic that you are interested in. I think that you also should pick a topic that is going to be tracked back into history.

Kimber said...

Sounds interesting!
http://www.planetblacksburg.com/2007/09/commentary-americans-obsessed-with-being-skinny.php

this is a link to an article that discusses how obsessed americans are with being skinny and how Hollywood is not helping.